Beautiful old paper finds

I have had a real run on thrifting beautiful old papers lately!

This is an "April Showers" perfume box

I was delighted to find a little story book of Henny Penny for 50 cents; it was always my favorite story when I was very young!

Beautiful old postcards...

I needed these because I used up so much of my supply in the paper crafting I did for Silver Bella swaps!

In the background, those purple and blue flowers are part of the design of paper party place mats by Hallmark.  The sheet music is from WWI and was just a quarter at an estate sale liquidation store I finally ventured into!

At the same store, I found these great, unused apothecary labels!

Such cool art nouveau images...

Why did it take me so long to visit this store?


I just can't seem to get enough of red ephemera lately; here, some Scottie dog pinochle cards, an old ledger (full!), and some theater ads from 1960 on heavy card stock.

Some notebooks, which I can't seem to resist nowadays.  The green book in back, marked Diary 1964, has every day written in, in true diary form!  I bought it because it's my birth year.

I'll leave you with the exhortation on these "new" note cards I bought at a craft fair!  Thank you for including me by looking at my thrifty finds!  See more at these linky parties:


  http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

Comments

sylviesgarden said…
Hello there, thank you for the lovely comment. It's always good to meet 'new to me' bloggers.
You have found so many great things, I don't know where to start! The April Showers box is adorable.
x
Anonymous said…
Great stash of vintage paper. Love old post cards and labels myself! xox Corrine
Jingle said…
*swoon* This is fabulous!
barb cabot said…
Laurie I am always so happy for you when you find your treasures. Your joy is contagious. I love these vintage pieces. The graphics are wonderful. Enjoy your treasures.
Christine said…
It's so much fun to see your thrifty finds! This is my time of year so I can find some great vintage Christmas stuff. I've got to start going!
Goodness I love all this ephemera!! Especially the french themed sheet music and the ol' Christmas card!!
Lydia said…
Especially love the Scotty dog cards and ledgers. What fune creating with them...to come!
Anonymous said…
that vintage cash book / journal is fabulous Laurie - so many wonderful treasures. and how fun you found a diary from '64 - really ,not that long ago at all :) LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth