Restraint At Its Best

I had a very hard time keeping my hands to myself at my friend's garage/estate sale of her mother's items last weekend!

I just had to buy this old, tattered tea towel because I loved the print so much -- little dogs and cats doing kitchen chores!

I also bought these lovely linens, which were in much better shape.

This Hallmark box, a self-proclaimed "Make Your Own Valentine Kit" had most of its parts missing and then some added, but what I loved was the old, heart shaped doilies!

What will I do with the ancient paper nut-cups? I don't know -- but tell me your ideas! I loved the sayings on the imprinted paper coasters, too. The unopened package of tiny Hallmark jack-o-lantern napkins was too cute to pass up! You never see that size anymore!

I sifted through hundreds of scraps of vintage gift wrap to find 35 bits and pieces, at 5 cents each! Don't you love the Shiny Brite deer and the old Christmas corsages?

Finally, I had to buy this old window flag, that really says it all!

Believe it or not, I really did exercise restraint in that I left behind the little desk, the rusty floral wastepaper basket, the puzzles from the 1940s, the typewriter, and the phonograph. And that's just the stuff I can remember off of the top of my head!

Comments

Angela said…
I love the GOD BLESS AMERICA window flag! Whast great finds!
said…
The typewriter?! You left the typewriter! Say it ain't so, Laurie. ;o)
Allidink said…
Pshh I would not have been able to exercise any restraint for all that cool stuff! HAHA Wow! You got such cute things! I wish I knew someone with vintagey goodness like that!

All the best,
Allison
Jenny said…
Great finds! I'm always a sucker for vintage Christmas items-love the corsages :)
Viola said…
What great finds, Laurie! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth