Extreme Home Makeover


Yesterday's post about my backyard landscaping got to reminding me of how that same summer we were working on our yard, Extreme Home Makeover came to a nearby town! It was very exciting. I am a HUGE Ty Pennington fan from the Trading Spaces days!

One very hot summer afternoon my neighbor and I decided on the spur of the moment to take our little boys and drive out to the site and see what we could see.

Well, quite a little crowd had gathered at the fence to watch the goings-on at the show's tented construction site. We stood around in the field trying to see what we could see, when who should appear but Ed and then Ty!

We got to take a few photos and get their autographs. When Ty was signing my shirt, I just looked up at him with what I'm sure were goo-goo eyes and said, "I am just so happy to meet you!"

Ty paused his writing, looked at me and said, very sincerely, "Well, I'm very happy to meet you, too!"

What a nice guy!

I made a collage of some of the photos I took in case any of you all are fans, too!

This is the episode - the Barrett family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

Flagler College in St. Augustine: the Tiffany connection